Blog of Steve Whealon - Saba University School of Medicine 3rd Year Medical student

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its good to be back home in the good ol' USA...
Bad form, I know, to go through 20 months of medical school without posting a single thought on my blog. Too many things have transpired since I first opened this channel....
  • Lots of studying
  • Kids doing 2 school years worth of home schooling
  • Living in a foreign country, making us all appreciate what we have in our beloved USA
  • Many things I could have blogged on if I had the time, not the least of which was the elections, Iraq, the recession, etc etc
I'll try to make this more timely and relevant in the future.

For now, I must try to study for my first medical licensing event, the USMLE Step 1 exam.

What I have learned is... a review class is a waste of time and money after 20+ months of classroom work. I underestimated my fatigue at sitting on my "brains" all day long. Sure wish that I had realized this before I shelled out the almost $7 Grand for the class.

Live and learn...

Is it just me, or does the political news surrounding the beginning of the Obama administration very similar to the "mess" at the beginning of the Clinton admin..... hmmm, wonder why???

No comments: